Tuesday, January 22, 2013

christmas 2012

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I was having technical difficulties with my card reader, but Steve finally figured it out and now I can post all my pictures from the past month! 

Steve and I celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve with my family this year. We had a great time, especially with our three little nephews!



Here's Ben, my sister Katie's son.


And Will, my brother Matthew's son, with a carbide lantern on his "helmet" and a shirt that says "Little Spelunker" (my brother is a geologist and loves caving).


And here's Jesse, my brother James' son. He figured out how to crawl backwards into Henry's crate and shut the door on himself, and did it over and over again.





Here's Steve with his new quilt!



We went to the Christmas Eve service at UBC and then drove to OKC that night to be with Steve's family Christmas day. We beat the winter weather, and when we woke up on Christmas there was only a dusting of snow.


We stayed in OKC for a few days since we don't get to see Steve's family very often. We played lots of board games (Clue, Settlers of Catan, Monopoly) and here are some pictures of our Risk game.



One night we went out a looked at Christmas lights. Here we are with Steve's siblings, Erika and Ronnie. 


I look forward to Christmas every year, and this one didn't disappoint. We had such a great time with both of our families. We're blessed to be able to spend so much time with them in this season of life, since we still live close to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment