Tuesday, December 18, 2012

one wonderful year

As of yesterday, Steve and I have now been married a year, I can't believe it! In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that we were dating and engaged, but then again I can hardly remember what life was like without Steve by my side. It has truly been a blessing to see him grow deeper in his relationship with the Lord as he leads me faithfully in Christ! I love getting to serve him through so that he can focus on things he needs to get done like homework and sermon preparation. Steve is so easy to love. He never gets mad at me, even when I have a breakdown about not wanting to clean up any more dog poop. He's always looking for ways to serve me and make me happy, even though we all know I don't deserve it. 


I've heard from a lot of people that the first year is the hardest. If that's true, Steve and I are in for an extremely easy marriage! I find it hard to believe that every year will be this easy, I'm sure there will come a day when we have a real fight (we've certainly disagreed and gotten frustrated, but never been actually angry at each other), and I know that God will prepare us to face those times when they come. I really couldn't have found a better man to spend my life with if I had searched the world over. This first year has been so much fun, and I find out new things about him every day. I cannot wait to get to spend the rest of my life getting to know him even better!



Happy Anniversary, Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment