Tuesday, December 18, 2012

bundle of joy {baby nephew}

This past weekend, Steve and I went to bed Friday night expecting to get up at 7 in the morning to pack and set out for our anniversary weekend in St. Louis. Our new nephew had other plans. My sister-in-law, Elizabeth, was admitted to the hospital late Friday night, and had progressed pretty far in labor when we awoke Saturday morning. Steve and I packed, dropped Nike off at my parents' house, and headed to the hospital with lunch for my brother Matt and my parents.



all ready for the c-section!

waiting...

We got there around 12:45 - just in time for Matt to eat his sandwich before having to suit up and head back into surgery, since the doctors had decided that the baby was too big to come out without a c-section. Once Matt was back in the surgery room, we waited a tense 30 minutes before he finally came out holding little William David Covington - what a sweet face!



Matt, my mom, and I got to be in the nursery with the nurses while they measured and weighed William. He was 8 lbs, 7 oz, and 21 inches long. The doctor said he definitely wouldn't have come out any other way. Here are some adorable pictures of little William just minutes after his birth (he was born at 1:26).












We knew that it would take a while for Elizabeth to get out of recovery, and we didn't want to drive too much in the dark, so Steve and I left for St. Louis at 2. It was certainly worth delaying our trip by half a day to get to see our nephew!

When Steve and I got back in town, we went straight back to the hospital to see William and his parents. We finally got to hold him! Here are some more sweet pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment