Monday, November 19, 2012

Hello all!

I've decided that it's time to start up a blog! I love to catch up on the lives of friends and family members in far off places by reading their blogs, so I thought that starting one of our own might be fun. I apologize in advance for my ramblings, but I'll try to keep things interesting and include lots of pictures of our dog and our adorable nephews. In case you don't already know, here's a little back story on the Kieklaks!

Steve and I  at a friend's wedding when we were dating

How we met:

I'm from Fayetteville, AR, which is where we live right now. Steve's dad was in the air force, so he's lived all over the world, but he decided to come here to the U of A for school. We met while we were both working at our church (University Baptist). We started dating in the fall of 2010, and after a year we got engaged. We were married in the chapel at UBC (where my parents were married so many years ago!) on December 17th, 2012. We've been married for almost a year now, and still loving every minute of it! God has truly blessed us with a great first year of marriage!

our wedding

What we're doing:

Steve and I are both graduating this December. His degree is in classical studies and mine is creative writing. I work at the BCM on campus as the administrative assistant, and I really enjoy my work. Steve still works with the college ministry at church and just got accepted to Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY. While we do plan on eventually going to Louisville for him to go to school there, he's going to be taking classes at their extension center in Springdale in January and we'll be sticking around Fayetteville for the next year or so.

fall 2011

What's up next:

Steve is going to be getting his masters in international church planting from Southern, so we're praying that God will send us overseas as soon as possible!

Also, since I promised some cute pictures, this is our puppy Nike (named after the Greek goddess of victory, not the shoe). We got her in July and it's been so much fun watching her grow! We love her!

Nike as a puppy
she's about 6 months old now


No comments:

Post a Comment